Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Orientation Day 3:


Today was just another solid day of orientation, but nothing stands out more than seeing Liza and Jacky (Liza Talusan is the Director of Intercultural Affairs at Stonehill College and Jacqueline Guzman is the Assistant Director). Liza has been a major influence and role model since my freshmen year of college. Seeing her today made me realize how far I've come in life. A few years ago I would have never imagined that I would have gone to college and graduated, a year ago I would have never imagined that I would be doing a year of service in Honduras. Jacky provided great support and encouragement during the process of deciding whether or not to go with the program, especially because she had gone through some of the same issues I was going through. Seeing them today just gave me that final push of encouragement that I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment